Random thoughts v1.0

No fixed topic general chat.
UKatheist
Re: Random thoughts v1.0

Post by UKatheist » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:54 pm

dan123 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:19 pm
Blimey. Who knew?
I’ve been out of this sex thing for far too long.
[BBvideo][/BBvideo]

bran

Post by bran » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:59 am

papapang2020 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:11 pm
Holla Y'all! :roll:

Hello darlin! :D
I blame Hayden for everything..and Cherry..but Graeme is just a poor innocent pawn in their evil plans. :o :shock: :x :D

dan123

Post by dan123 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:18 am

So that's what weekends are supposed to be like? This is all very strange. Not a hangover in sight.

bran

Post by bran » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:53 pm

dan123 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:18 am
So that's what weekends are supposed to be like? This is all very strange. Not a hangover in sight.
:fred: :fred: :o :harvey: :D

Good. :)
I blame Hayden for everything..and Cherry..but Graeme is just a poor innocent pawn in their evil plans. :o :shock: :x :D

slacker

Post by slacker » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:40 am

Holy shit! IDK what I would do in your situation. If I were her, I’d wanna know, but if I was 73, I might feel differently, IDK.

Are you leaning towards yes or no?

Twright55 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:56 pm
Hey guys (I guess there arn't even any gals left around here.) Haven't posted in a long while, but I have a very interesting situation that has popped up for me. I'll probably get a lot of ribbing over this, but I'll post it anyway. ;)

I had posted a while back about having done the Ancestry.com thing and sending in my DNA. I got back mostly expected results except for more Irish/Scottish dna than I had expected. About 29%.
I then did the tracing back thru documents (marriage, birth, census, etc.) and came up with virtually nothing to explain that. I still didn't think a whole lot of it since these things are probably only marginally accurate to begin with.

Ancestry.com will match you up with other people that have submitted their dna, if you set your privacy setting to allow it. I had a whole slew of people that were listed as '2nd' and '3rd' cousins that I was related to. I didn't recognize the names for the most part. I didn't think much of it as I don't keep track of my family that far out and assumed they were female relatives with their last names changed thru marriage.

WELL, one of them contacted ME asking me if I knew anything about her grandparents, whom she was trying to do some research on. We were both the closest related person on each other's list (other than me and my sister.) Our DNA match was almost on a 1st cousin level, or a very close 2nd cousin level. Then it turned out that all these people I was related to that I didn't know were in HER family tree. Our two 'official' (not dna) family trees had NO intersection.

After doing some research, I figured out that we had to share ONE grandparent OR one of her aunts/uncles had to be one of my grandparents. I could look at who I was related to thru DNA and eliminate my dad's side of the family (I have dna matches to people from both his parents' extended family) and my mom's mother. That leaves my grandfather. So the person who my mom thought was her dad, was not her dad. By process of elimination, I come up with the grandfather of the person who contacted me. He was an Irish immigrant from Kerry (exactly where Ancestry.com says I have a dna connection to), who lived in NYC at the time my mom was born. The census lists his occupation as 'window dresser.' My grandmother (mom's mother) lived in NYC at that time and was a window dresser! But they were both also already married (to others) at that time.

I haven't told my mom yet, and I'm not sure that I should. Se's 73 and perhaps I should let sleeping dogs lay. ALso, I can't PROVE all of this. It's mostly circumstantial and process of elimination. But the genetic connection I have to this family of people is very real and pretty extensive. And pretty close.

Twright55

Post by Twright55 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:01 am

slacker wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:40 am
Holy shit! IDK what I would do in your situation. If I were her, I’d wanna know, but if I was 73, I might feel differently, IDK.

Are you leaning towards yes or no?
I'm leaning against it, but my sister wants to tell her.

bran

Post by bran » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:38 pm

Poor Pandacat has had to have all his teeth removed..some bloody gum problem..little shit. :cry:

dan123

Post by dan123 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:50 am

bran wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:38 pm
Poor Pandacat has had to have all his teeth removed..some bloody gum problem..little shit. :cry:
You’re going to have to do all the masticating for him?

I’m off to Birmingham today, this might be the last time you see me.

bran

Post by bran » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:15 am

dan123 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:50 am
bran wrote:
You’re going to have to do all the masturbating for him?

You dirty bugger..whats happening in brum then..tell me or Trisha gets a kicking.

dan123

Post by dan123 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:08 pm

bran wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:15 am
dan123 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:50 am
bran wrote:
You’re going to have to do all the masturbating for him?

You dirty bugger..whats happening in brum then..tell me or Trisha gets a kicking.
The new lady wanted to go and see the Chinese New Year celebrations. It was really good and we ate come amazing crispy pork. We also told our kids about us, so it was a bit stressful for a while. Our boys are the same age and they’ve become friends over the last couple of weeks, so it went surprisingly well.