IRS Scammer

No fixed topic general chat.
aman
Re: IRS Scammer

Post by aman » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:27 pm

It amazes me how many people rush to pay these scammers
When my wife worked at a convenience store she stopped a few people buying the amazon cash cards
One girl had the scammer on the phone so my wife asked to talk to him
When he realized the game was up he started cussing her in Arabic or Hindi maybe
I love to string them on
Ask them to hold for a minute then just put phone in speaker, listen to them squark after s few minutes

Zero

Post by Zero » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:14 pm

aman wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:27 pm
When my wife worked at a convenience store she stopped a few people buying the amazon cash cards
When he realized the game was up he started cussing her in Arabic or Hindi maybe
I love to string them on
Ask them to hold for a minute then just put phone in speaker, listen to them squark after s few minutes
They incorporate a sense of urgency into the story which is quite often what makes people skip right over the common sense and critical thinking part of their decision making. Plenty of intelligent people don't even realize what's happening a fair amount of the time depending on the situation at hand. When you know the tricks it's not all that hard to do. (deceive and play people that is) Training against Social engineering is becoming a field of it's own in some corporate environments.
Lot's of scumbags out there.

Moefugger

Post by Moefugger » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:47 pm

Those people are just ignorant shit fucks.
Let them die.

aman

Post by aman » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:56 pm

Zero wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:14 pm
aman wrote:
I love to string them on
They incorporate a sense of urgency into the story which is quite often what makes people skip right over the common sense and critical thinking part of their decision making. Plenty of intelligent people don't even realize what's happening a fair amount of the time depending on the situation at hand. When you know the tricks it's not all that hard to do. (deceive and play people that is) Training against Social engineering is becoming a field of it's own in some corporate environments.
You’re right of coarse
I don’t consider my immunity to these scams a mark of intelligence, more that I’m just a jaded,cynical whether beaten old cunt really ;)

Zero

Post by Zero » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:03 am

aman wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:56 pm
Zero wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:14 pm
aman wrote:
I love to string them on
You’re right of coarse
I don’t consider my immunity to these scams a mark of intelligence, more that I’m just a jaded,cynical whether beaten old cunt really ;)
I like to think I'm immune for mostly the same reasons ;)
It's just so incredibly common now and often times done in the subtlest of manner , in contrast to the irs/bail bond type scams for cash.
A good example are phishing and vishing attacks for user account passwords and other misc. info about people or companies to be used in a yet larger and even more discreet subsequent attack down the road.
Sometimes it only takes a few pieces of what seems to be unimportant info , till they're all put together and put into use.

It's something I've taken an interest in within security as a whole.
"Hacking the mind" is much easier than hacking a data base or a network and is more often than not the precurser to the latter.

BurntBulb

Post by BurntBulb » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:59 am

What gits me is that it is well known that the IRS does not call or text or email.
Under the law they can only communicate by USPS snail mail.
Yet, people fall for this con.
Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

peekay

Post by peekay » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:58 pm

I got an automated one this morning claiming to be from the 'UK' police informing me that HMRC has issued a warrant for my arrest over non-payment of tax.

DanielDefense

Post by DanielDefense » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:30 pm

It's them Jews trying to get you