IRS Scammer

No fixed topic general chat.
slacker
IRS Scammer

Post by slacker » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:02 am

I’ve actually never received one of these calls before, have you?

topple215
Re: IRS Scammer

Post by topple215 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:41 am

I have received the IRS scam calls as well as the Window Tec Support calls. Most of the time it's a guy name "John" or "Ryan" with a New Delhi accent They tend to tell me to go to the local market to get paypal cards in a sum of $300 to avoid getting arrested or trying to open my network for them to take control of my computer. I usually hang up but one time I used a ethical stereotype slur before hanging up. The guy called back under another number and start talking about fucking my mother. It was pure entertainment with every one liner he said and I think I made him upset by laughing harder as he went on.

Zero

Post by Zero » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:58 am

wow the irs hires indian women named Michael ? lol
They did sound somewhat official to someone who doesn't know any better using "case numbers " etc.
Fortunately, or unfortunately as it were , I know from experience that the IRS doesn't just call you and leave a message, or call you at all for that matter. They contact you through certified mail .

I've never had the IRS scam call but I have had the Microsoft scam call .My Sis in law also did and thankful called me on another line only a click or two away from giving them remote access to her computer. I was actually working as a pc repair contractor at the time I got the call and fucked with them for a few minutes before telling them I knew better and motherfucked them lol. Funniest part was he started motherfuckering me back hahahahahaha.

slacker

Post by slacker » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:19 am

Zero wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:58 am
They did sound somewhat official to someone who doesn't know any better using "case numbers " etc.
Fortunately, or unfortunately as it were , I know from experience that the IRS doesn't just call you and leave a message, or call you at all for that matter. They contact you through certified mail .

I've never had the IRS scam call but I have had the Microsoft scam call .My Sis in law also did and thankful called me on another line only a click or two away from giving them remote access to her computer. I was actually working as a pc repair contractor at the time I got the call and fucked with them for a few minutes before telling them I knew better and motherfucked them lol. Funniest part was he started motherfuckering me back hahahahahaha.
Yeah agreed, I think this scammer must have some prior experience/training with phone customer service or working collections agencies or must be somehow familiar with American cover-your-ass customs, like, “for the record, do you want to make the payment? I did not force you,” etc. Her English is good, too, accent is not too heavy and easy to understand. She sounded pretty legit until she said the thing about prepaid cards lol.

The IRS will call you on occasion, but only after they’ve also sent you certified mail. My Dad got a call from them once, there was some sort of mix-up and they realized they’d made a mistake. But my Dad was able to verify the call was, indeed, from the IRS. So I know for fact that they do call once in a while.

Zero

Post by Zero » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:45 am

slacker wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:19 am
Zero wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:58 am

Yeah agreed, I think this scammer must have some prior experience/training with phone customer service or working collections agencies or must be somehow familiar with American cover-your-ass customs, like, “for the record, do you want to make the payment? I did not force you,” etc. Her English is good, too, accent is not too heavy and easy to understand. She sounded pretty legit until she said the thing about prepaid cards lol.

The IRS will call you on occasion, but only after they’ve also sent you certified mail. My Dad got a call from them once, there was some sort of mix-up and they realized they’d made a mistake. But my Dad was able to verify the call was, indeed, from the IRS. So I know for fact that they do call once in a while.
I should have been more specific in that they won't call first,and it starts with certified letters .Once you have a "relationship" with an agent or call them they may call back, but the initial contact for collections anyway is always by certified mail. "The cover your ass "factor so people can't say they didn't know or weren't contacted or whatever when they have to sign for the notice .
Scammers get better and better , but the whole gift card or prepaid card is a dead give away.

Most hacks, breeches and what not actually originate from social engineering attacks because people can be easily tricked by someone with just a little information , a convincing line or a combination with a sense of urgency.
It's more common than a lot of people think and a lot easier to con someone out of a password for example than actually trying to hack into systems as that takes a lot of technical knowledge.

Zero

Post by Zero » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:57 am

topple215 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:41 am
I have received the IRS scam calls as well as the Window Tec Support calls. Most of the time it's a guy name "John" or "Ryan" with a New Delhi accent They tend to tell me to go to the local market to get paypal cards in a sum of $300 to avoid getting arrested or trying to open my network for them to take control of my computer. I usually hang up but one time I used a ethical stereotype slur before hanging up. The guy called back under another number and start talking about fucking my mother. It was pure entertainment with every one liner he said and I think I made him upset by laughing harder as he went on.
Hahahahahahaha, you must have touched a nerve. 2ff

bran

Post by bran » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:27 pm

Usually they want access to my computer..and say they are from BT..i end up being rude or leaving them on the phone for 5mins..then hanging up.
I blame Hayden for everything..and Cherry..but Graeme is just a poor innocent pawn in their evil plans. :o :shock: :x :D

Moefugger

Post by Moefugger » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:06 am

Hello,
my name is Peggy.....

BurntBulb

Post by BurntBulb » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:22 pm

I'd love to get one, let them try that shit on me! :twisted:
Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Zero

Post by Zero » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:10 pm

So my 83 year old neighbor just got a very convincing call from some scumbag claiming to be a bondsman calling on behalf of her grandson just the other day.

The story was that he was down in Maryland and hit a pregnant woman with his car and hospitalized her. He was supposedly in jail and they wanted 7500 dollars in cash so he wouldn't have to stay in jail for the weekend. They actually put someone on the phone claiming he was the grandson and when she said he didn't sound like himself the person claimed they had split their lip in the accident and had it stitched up as the reason.

Scared the shit out of this poor woman. Fortunately her husband was scammed once before and had made it all the way to the western union office where the person there after hearing his story stopped him and told him he was being scammed, so he knew better and called other family to make sure he was ok. He was 2 towns over on a job site.

Sadder yet is that they had all of this person's info , brought it to State police (we don't have local here, we have resident troopers or you go to the state barracks ) and they didn't even want it because it's so prevalent today smh. They had no interest whatsoever in pursuing the matter.

It was all info they most likely pulled from facebook to use to deceive this unsuspecting older woman. :(