HOAs

No fixed topic general chat.
slacker
HOAs

Post by slacker » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:46 pm

How do you feel about homeowners associations?

I am personally not a fan, especially after living in an HOA subdivision. It’s honestly like living under a fascist regime. Awful. #neveragain

I do see the value in maintaining the outside of your property, which I’ve never had a problem with and that’s something I automatically do, anyway, but for them to restrict my means of income by telling me I can’t rent out rooms in my own house, I don’t agree with that at all. I can’t believe theyre allowed to have that kinda power.

I’ll be selling my property and moving.

philomath
Re: HOAs

Post by philomath » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:54 pm

I have helped at least a dozen folks I know get away from these kinda neighborhood Nazis. I would never buy anything that someone else dictates as to how, when or why I can use it, unless its the gubment in some cases, I can not avoid that. I live within their (Gubment) borders. I do, however have collective voting power's, the only recourse against them.

I have a piece of property close to town that we plant mostly hay, n corn for silage. A developer bout ten years ago bought the adjacent property and built one of those ritzy gated neighborhoods. After they sold those houses (to the folks that pretend that they live in the country but want to turn it into the city). They actually started trying to make demands about things they did not like about REAL farm land. Believe it or not, one complaint was that there were tractor sounds "sometimes" early in the morning, and in the evening during harvest time. I mean, what the actual F. You gotta be kidding me. Tractors on farm land? Say it ain't so.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

~And The Beat Goes On~

slacker

Post by slacker » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:53 pm

Exactly, I’ve learned my lesson and I will never buy a property with an HOA again! I live in a city, so finding non-HOA neighborhoods is sometimes hard, but I have found a few here and there that I like.
I can’t lie, I hate these ppl and keep thinking of all this passive-aggressive shit I could do to make their lives hell.
I also want to find a way to put limits on their powers, like change the laws in my state or at least in my city, but I’m not sure how many people feel the same way I do.
philomath wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:54 pm
I have helped at least a dozen folks I know get away from these kinda neighborhood Nazis. I would never buy anything that someone else dictates as to how, when or why I can use it, unless its the gubment in some cases, I can not avoid that. I live within their (Gubment) borders. I do, however have collective voting power's, the only recourse against them.

I have a piece of property close to town that we plant mostly hay, n corn for silage. A developer bout ten years ago bought the adjacent property and built one of those ritzy gated neighborhoods. After they sold those houses (to the folks that pretend that they live in the country but want to turn it into the city). They actually started trying to make demands about things they did not like about REAL farm land. Believe it or not, one complaint was that there were tractor sounds "sometimes" early in the morning, and in the evening during harvest time. I mean, what the actual F. You gotta be kidding me. Tractors on farm land? Say it ain't so.

Moefugger

Post by Moefugger » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:27 am

I do not have anything to do with them either.
They can decide to do some stupid ass shit.