No fixed topic general chat.
Moefugger
Re: TWSocial

Post by Moefugger » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:33 pm

Got in.

BurntBulb

Post by BurntBulb » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:28 am

H, i'm likin' TWsocial. But I also like TW. I just hope TWSocial doesn't kill off TW as a stand-alone site.
don't ya think they are competing with each other? Just something I've thought about.
Have you thought about linking the two sites together in some way?
Think about it - no reason to compete with yourself.
Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

TWAdmin
Site Admin

Post by TWAdmin » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:05 am

BurntBulb wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:28 am
H, i'm likin' TWsocial. But I also like TW. I just hope TWSocial doesn't kill off TW as a stand-alone site.
don't ya think they are competing with each other? Just something I've thought about.
There's no competition as such, they are different entities in our opinion. The forums and site will remain as long as people want them and the social site is there for those who want that functionality without the privacy intrusion using larger sites entails. If there's an issue down the line we can look at it but right now we can just enjoy all the toys without concern.

tRauma26100

Post by tRauma26100 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:36 pm

I'm in. Hit me up with a code.

BurntBulb

Post by BurntBulb » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:26 am

TWAdmin wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:05 am
BurntBulb wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:28 am
There's no competition as such, they are different entities in our opinion. The forums and site will remain as long as people want them and the social site is there for those who want that functionality without the privacy intrusion using larger sites entails. If there's an issue down the line we can look at it but right now we can just enjoy all the toys without concern.
The concern I see is the similar names.
People tend to associate by labels thinking they are the same or at least associated, even if they aren't.
I personally like TW's small footprint and membership. It's a close, intimate, personable site.
The only problem I see is that some people can't even get to the site, let alone register.
Yet with TWSocial, some of these very same people have registered, so they'll go there.

I agree with you that the TW sites should NOT compete with LL as a video service or news feed.
Since LL no longer has a forum or any type of real social venue, you have an opportunity to provide a venue to all us hard-core to the very flippant LL users. Distant past, present, and hopefully - the future user!
Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

TWAdmin
Site Admin

Post by TWAdmin » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:18 am

BurntBulb wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:26 am
People tend to associate by labels thinking they are the same or at least associated, even if they aren't.
I personally like TW's small footprint and membership. It's a close, intimate, personable site.
The only problem I see is that some people can't even get to the site, let alone register.
Yet with TWSocial, some of these very same people have registered, so they'll go there.

I agree with you that the TW sites should NOT compete with LL as a video service or news feed.
Since LL no longer has a forum or any type of real social venue, you have an opportunity to provide a venue to all us hard-core to the very flippant LL users. Distant past, present, and hopefully - the future user!
TW isn't really here for LL'ers, it's just here. The goal isn't even to replace anything LL doesn't offer. We just do weekly shows and podcasts and like the idea of members having social opportunities whether it's the forum or the social site. People will find their way to what best suits them. As for the forums, keep using them and they'll likely grow and become what you guys want them to be. Perhaps the best thing about TW forums is while they carry the name there's no narrative as to what they should be about.

This is your platform.

bran

Post by bran » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:59 am

TWAdmin wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:18 am
BurntBulb wrote:

TW isn't really here for LL'ers, it's just here. The goal isn't even to replace anything LL doesn't offer. We just do weekly shows and podcasts and like the idea of members having social opportunities whether it's the forum or the social site. People will find their way to what best suits them. As for the forums, keep using them and they'll likely grow and become what you guys want them to be. Perhaps the best thing about TW forums is while they carry the name there's no narrative as to what they should be about.

This is your platform.

How do i get to this social thing?..i have no buggering clue.. :roll:
I blame Hayden for everything..and Cherry..but Graeme is just a poor innocent pawn in their evil plans. :o :shock: :x :D

Zero

Post by Zero » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:25 pm

bran wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:59 am
TWAdmin wrote:
BurntBulb wrote:

This is your platform.

you need a "special code" , as it's a private social group.
ask or pm hayden or tw admin for a link and code to use

bran

Post by bran » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:56 pm

Zero wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:25 pm
bran wrote:
TWAdmin wrote:

This is your platform.

Bugger that..if i aint invited i aint coming..
I blame Hayden for everything..and Cherry..but Graeme is just a poor innocent pawn in their evil plans. :o :shock: :x :D

Zero

Post by Zero » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:14 pm

bran wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:56 pm
Zero wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:25 pm
bran wrote:

Bugger that..if i aint invited i aint coming..
well if you read the beginning of the thread, there was an open invitation that said to let them know if you're interested and they will provide a code for you. So let them know you're interested.

*old people smh :roll:

;) :mrgreen: