The Forums

No fixed topic general chat.
User avatar
Hayden
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:00 am
Reputation: 5
Contact:
The Forums

Post by Hayden » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:46 am

Hello!

First I want to say again it's been great seeing a few familiar faces around the place, I hope we get to see some more of you posting when things pick up around here.

I just wanted a quick chat about the forums themselves. How are you guys finding them? Do they work okay? Does it have what you need in terms of functionality? I'm not going to lie I'd rather not go out spending heavy on forums at this point but if a small community does find a home here I want to at least make sure it's comfortable.

There's quite a bit going on with TW right now and we're looking to trial social media functionality within the main site itself (though with a separate login for security). Regardless of how well this does I just wanted you guys to know that the forums will always remain on TW until the very last person gives up on them. I still love the format and I'm sure some other folks do too.

Cheers
H
It's not that I don't care it's just that...what was I talking about again?

User avatar
aphidlip
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 2:01 am
Reputation: 3
Re: The Forums

Post by aphidlip » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:10 pm

“Social medial functionality” is such a broad term. Can you narrow that down a bit? Just what exactly is this?
"...... .... ....... .. ....." Helen Adams Keller

I belong to the logic & reason party... it’s a lonely party

User avatar
Hayden
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:00 am
Reputation: 5
Contact:
Re: The Forums

Post by Hayden » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:20 pm

aphidlip wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:10 pm
“Social medial functionality” is such a broad term. Can you narrow that down a bit? Just what exactly is this?
Sure thing, as you know I'm fascinated with the idea of people having smaller individual properties online that we can spend time at rather than festering on globo corp social media. So I'm going to pop a script which will be very much like FB in function on Trigger Warning (though it'll have its own login). If it works we've got a fun place to be, if it doesn't I'm just down some time and a few dollars. Regardless though I'm committed to keeping a forum here until it, me, or everything dies.

Oh, when I said "Like FB" I meant in function of the tools alone. No ads, no spying, no cosplay Zuckerberg from me.

H
It's not that I don't care it's just that...what was I talking about again?

User avatar
kasheku
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:26 pm
Reputation: 9
Location: Greatest Country in the World
Re: The Forums

Post by kasheku » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:24 pm

i am liking these forums. takes a bit to get used to, but its clean in its layout.

i dont know if you saw my other post a while back, but is there any way to get a link to chat on the forums?

User avatar
Hayden
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:00 am
Reputation: 5
Contact:
Re: The Forums

Post by Hayden » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:42 pm

I'll take a look early next week. The downside to this particular forum set up is that EVERYTHING is a pain in the arse! Still, it'd be useful.
It's not that I don't care it's just that...what was I talking about again?

User avatar
dan123
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:00 am
Reputation: 7
Re: The Forums

Post by dan123 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:46 pm

I like it H. Just takes a bit of getting used to having been on LL for so long.
It’ll just take a bit of time, a bit like a Bran getting his outty turned into an inny, only took him a couple of weeks. I believe the new tits are still causing problems, but eh, can’t have everything.

User avatar
Zero
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:02 am
Reputation: 3
Re: The Forums

Post by Zero » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:25 pm

Hayden wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:42 pm
I'll take a look early next week. The downside to this particular forum set up is that EVERYTHING is a pain in the arse! Still, it'd be useful.
Don't listen to Dan , he's just being nice cuz he's Dan.
As you're probably aware, I'm not Dan, and we need some stuff :fred:
I won't bore you with a list that will only receive a flat NO , but the ability to post pics without needing a host site and youtube/ liveleak embedability would be nice if that isn't too unreasonable.

and if for some reason we have that and I'm just to retarded too sort it out, I expect a proper public lashing :wank:

User avatar
aphidlip
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 2:01 am
Reputation: 3
Re: The Forums

Post by aphidlip » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:58 pm

Zero wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:25 pm
Hayden wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:42 pm
I'll take a look early next week. The downside to this particular forum set up is that EVERYTHING is a pain in the arse! Still, it'd be useful.
Don't listen to Dan , he's just being nice cuz he's Dan.
As you're probably aware, I'm not Dan, and we need some stuff :fred:
I won't bore you with a list that will only receive a flat NO , but the ability to post pics without needing a host site and youtube/ liveleak embedability would be nice if that isn't too unreasonable.

and if for some reason we have that and I'm just to retarded too sort it out, I expect a proper public lashing :wank:
After you hit the reply button thing
look under where you type your shit
then follow these 2 steps and you can post pics
I don't know and have always had a hard time with embedding
tw2.jpg
tw2.jpg (385.25 KiB) Viewed 119 times
"...... .... ....... .. ....." Helen Adams Keller

I belong to the logic & reason party... it’s a lonely party

User avatar
Zero
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:02 am
Reputation: 3
Re: The Forums

Post by Zero » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:06 pm

aphidlip wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:58 pm
Zero wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:25 pm
Hayden wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:42 pm
I'll take a look early next week. The downside to this particular forum set up is that EVERYTHING is a pain in the arse! Still, it'd be useful.
Don't listen to Dan , he's just being nice cuz he's Dan.
As you're probably aware, I'm not Dan, and we need some stuff :fred:
I won't bore you with a list that will only receive a flat NO , but the ability to post pics without needing a host site and youtube/ liveleak embedability would be nice if that isn't too unreasonable.

and if for some reason we have that and I'm just to retarded too sort it out, I expect a proper public lashing :wank:
After you hit the reply button thing
look under where you type your shit
then follow these 2 steps and you can post pics
I don't know and have always had a hard time with embeddingtw2.jpg
lulz
ya know I just never scrolled down quite far enough?
derp
mickey-mouse-disney-troll-face-trollface.gif
mickey-mouse-disney-troll-face-trollface.gif (605.13 KiB) Viewed 117 times
now if we can just sort out the embedding all will be right again in my simple existence

Thanx mang

User avatar
Sea3
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 3:07 am
Reputation: 3
Re: The Forums

Post by Sea3 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:56 am

They look okay! thanks...


Post Reply