9/11 what were you doing?

No fixed topic general chat.
aphidlip
9/11 what were you doing?

Post by aphidlip » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:33 pm

Ahhh it’s that time of year again where we sit around the living room with the fam and reminisce the death of thousands of innocent men and women. Where were you?

I was driving in to work and my wife called with news of the first plane. As I was talking with her the second plane hit. My boss brought in a small TV to watch everything unfold. I remember saying how the second tower would fall. I figured the first one would burn out of control.
Later on I had a meeting to go to. You don’t realize airplane traffic until it isn’t there. No sound no “chemtrails” I also remember the lines at the gas stations. Some gas stations.... Some had raised their price by double or more, the ones that didn’t had the lines. Weird day
"...... .... ....... .. ....." Helen Adams Keller

I belong to the logic & reason party... it’s a lonely party

Ian4
Re: 9/11 what were you doing?

Post by Ian4 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:20 pm

I was in bed as i was working night shifts at the time, mrs woke me up we thought it was an accident until the second plane hit.
Always liked New York culture and history especially the mafia and street gang stuff, I'd call Mayor Giuliania tosser too for what he did the place looks like every other boring city in the west these days. At least the second series of The Deuce starts tonight, Time Square as it should be.

Hayden

Post by Hayden » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:04 pm

I was supposed to be going down to a music shop with a friend of mine. I walked into the living room at my mother in law's place and she told me a plane had flown into a building in America, as I sat down to watch the second plane went in. I called my friend and canceled our day out, I remember saying to him "this will change the world".
It's not that I don't care it's just that...what was I talking about again?

kasheku

Post by kasheku » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:03 pm

was stationed at fort bragg. was in the day room after breakfast. i knew right then what was coming down.

bran

Post by bran » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:49 pm

I was on a "Great crested newt" handling licence course..at a heritage/nature site where three artificial hills met..made by Saxon tribes..they would meet and discuss stuff there without violence..amazing place,amazing day..got back in the building at the end of the course and people were watching it on the telly..saw the second plane hit and as H said..i looked around and said to me boss.."The world is going to change"..Also..and i admit i thought it quite fast..no more IRA..Drove back home and watched every news channel. I was very right about the change..and the IRA mostly packed in not much later..mainly through lack of US funding. Very sad day for the world and the US in particular.RIP.
I blame Hayden for everything..and Cherry..but Graeme is just a poor innocent pawn in their evil plans. :o :shock: :x :D

BurntBulb

Post by BurntBulb » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:47 pm

Mom called me long distance to tell me about the 1st plane.Turned on the TV and barely moved from the chair for the rest of the day. Put a message on our web site telling everybody to go home, no work today - better safe than sorry. Had to handle a bunch of calls to and from our employees, clients and vendors, not to mention family and friends. My most common comment: who ever did this better dig a deep dark hole and pull it in after themselves.
Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Bobstu

Post by Bobstu » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:08 pm

I remember that day well. When i got home from work oblivious to what happened, i turned on the TV and saw the planes and the buildings going down.i sat down,smoked a shit load of hash and watched the news all night thinking this is going to be big fucking war. So crazy watching that. That's one day i will never forget.

Moefugger

Post by Moefugger » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:25 am

In the top Of a tall Blue Cross Blue Shield building getting parts for a repair.
I came down to the top floor and saw people walking like zombies.
Someone told us everyone is to go to the cafeteria.
We did not work for BCBS but went anyways and saw the big screens and the replays of what happened.
When the second aircraft crashed I knew it was intentional.
Called the recruiter to see if I should go in as I had just left the military.
He said we would be notified if needed, many others were calling in also saying the same thing.
I would have went back in that second.

Htos1

Post by Htos1 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:34 pm

Stay with me here.....
I Will Never Forget You
My Time With DebZ1-Debora Zydalis
by:Htos1

The first time I remember seeing Debby was in summer 1996.I was operating mains and monitor sound
for a Jacksonville,Fl. band called"The Marauders".Debby had come to the beach,that day,to check out
the band and the crowd.She distinctly stood out from the crowd because of her auburn colored
hair,striking freckles
and she was wearing a white sun dress that showed every perfect curve of her smooth body (I
apologize,this is a family oriented website).As usual,it was a great gig with those guys and I just
loved watching Deb and all the ladies dance up front by the stage.The next time I saw Debby was
late fall of that year when the same band played a club that was literally blocks from Debs
place.Again,I was just awestruck by her countenece when she came out to the dance floor,the colored
lights making her look even more exotic.It must have
been obvious to everyone(my feelings)as Lori(the sax players' girlfriend)proceeded to introduce
us.(YES!) :) Not that I couldn't walk up to her and introduce myself,but I don't generally mix
business and pleasure,and I shouldn't leave the lights,mixers,and racks unsupervised in that
environment.
We enjoyed the usual first meeting talk and it was for sure we would be friends at the very
least,she was very intelligent and was really curious in working the boards and lights.She told me
about the love of her life, her son Christopher.Then he was just eight years old and a master at
Legos and other building toys and such,and very intelligent,like his Mom.After the show,I didn't
have to break down the stage that night,so Debby invited me to her place for a drink,we found out
we loved the same song from Foreigner-from way back-cool,and to meet Chris(I was a perfect
gentleman,trust me,I wasn't going to blow it). We talked 'til dawn when Chris awakened and I got to
meet him and then Debby took me to my place as I had traveled with the band equipment that previous
night.
From this point on,Debby was a great friend and companion and she liked ME! Spring of 1997 arrived
and had come news that the same band mentioned earlier had earned a coveted house job in
Jacksonville Bch. Fl. and that I would be working all I wanted with them again.When I told Deb the good news she
looked me squarely in the eye and asked if she could work with me onstage professionally.What am I
going to do, say no?No! She then proceeded to floor me by knowing EXACTLY in order how to set up
the equipment, run cables,lights,everything.She had obviously watched me intently those last few
months.She trimmed about two hours off the top of setup time,it was awesome.Needless to say our
friendship was on the brink
of relationship.I took a risk of mixing business and pleasure and you just don't know how glad I am
that I did. We worked together like this for four years,about three days a week on average and then
would go out to dinner and movies, check out our friends' bands,etc. after a full days work.At this
time I really wanted to
ask Debby for her hand officially and she told me she wanted that too,but that there may be a price
I wouldn't like.I immediately thought that she was going to say she wanted to date others or she
could never love anyone again since Chris' father.She wouldn't tell me what it was,but she proved
to me that day that our relationship was a loving one and that she thought I was her soul mate,but
that I must accept whatever fate hands us.I was a little concerned but I didn't push the issue as
it was her only area of privacy she didn't share,and I respected that.It was a great relationship
and Chris grew from a little boy to young
man overnight it seemed and he was unrelenting in wanting to know everything technical,of course by
this time I had built Deb and Chris a computer from my earlier rig and they both took to computing
like fish to water or birds to flight,or something like that.My birthday on Sept.10,1998 was just
about the best time I'ver ever had.Deb,Chris, and the staff at the Crab Pot restuarant(luv 'ya
Beth,Connie,&Marc)had planned a surprise party for me all week long since I'd be working out on the
deck that Thursday evening.Just into
the first set of music,the guys did the usual birthday song we always did for patrons,but it was my
turn!And then Beth announced $.99 drinks all night for my birthday.I got the best birthday card
I've ever received from, of course,Deb and Chris,with almost a hundred signatures on it from all
the staff,the guys,all our regular friends(and some irregulars :) ).I also received three
propositions-yes!That kind!That was a fantastic night.
Spring of 1999 arrived and I was ready for another year on the road,hanging w/the regulars and
enjoying the music biz types when the guys played.This is when I started to notice that Deb was a
little thin in her face,and she just didn't seem to have the same strength as she did
previously.Then came the difficulty in eating for her,no,not anorexia,or a disorder like that,trust
me,she enjoyed a steak dinner as much as I did.
I know,and she never had to leave the table like those types do,either.At this time,I finally asked
Deb to to tell me what's going on,I think I deserve to know now,I loved her .Well,one should be
careful what they wish for,too-that's when Deb told me she was terminally ill.I just couldn't
believe it,not her,not sweet Debby!She has a child,that's not fair!No,I just won't believe it! It's
not for real.Debby then had to move well over 75 miles away that summer to her Moms' and her
sisters'house in central Florida because she was so weak.I would travel to see her every other
weekend there,it was heartbreaking,but the good news was that it was
a boys paradise there for Chris,lots of kids,animals,and space to roam.After one year though,I knew
Debby was longing for our relationshipand I hated being alone.
Fate managed to strike hard but I got to soften the blow in summer 2000,when at a band rehearsal,a
longtime guitarist friend(Erik)told me he was going to his place and tell his landlord that he was
moving,I stayed glued to him that evening and not only did I get the house for Deb,BUT the landlord
would NOT charge her rent there.I swear before God in Heaven that this is true.It was five minutes
from my house,and ten minutes from the beach,too!I moved her in right away and she proceeded to
make her home like she had been there all her life.Everyone was just amazed at what she did to this
place,we even had before and after pics due to some band pics I shot when it was basically a band
house(If 6Was 9-Fernandina,Fl), they showed an amazing transformation.I setup a stereo,
had satellite tv installed,made many infrastructure improvements for her,made sure Deb got into town and such,and made darn sure she ate as well as she could.
Our last date was in April,2001,when we went out for dinner in Fernandina,Fl.I had just received
word that I would be living on the road again starting in May.I had a pt side job with a freight
company due to my truck experience and moving large amounts of stage gear.It was extremely hard
work but paid well and I was near Debby every day.Debby would have none of that!She told me that I
should continue working onstage and that Chris could watch out for her while I'm gone.So I moved
back to Jacksonville to get this band off the ground and they were quite good and still work to
this day full time(one of the few of our generation of music). My birthday came that Sept.10th
and we had my favorite dinner at her home, kosher hot dogs w/five different toppings,a buffet of all kinds of munchies,and plenty of German and English beer.I also spent the night there since I was going to take Regina(Debs' Mom)to
Jacksonville that next day to attend to some personal business.

I was at a legal firm that fateful morning of Sept.11,2001.

I just couldn't believe what was happening,I had to rush down to the car
radio as no one had a television in the offices.Later,when we got back to town,Debby looked at me
later and said"This is rather serious".
Debby understood the the Masonic,Templar roots of our country,and what it means.This day must
have impacted her more so than you or me.I will always cherish those last few days and the smile on
her face when I would "kidnap" her and take her home,away from the cold,uncaring hospice care
facilities.
My beautiful,sweet Debby passed away peacefully 25 days later on Oct. 6th,2001.Victor,Regina
,Peggy, and her brothers lost the baby of their family,Christopher lost his mother when he was at a
critical stage of growing up and finding himself.I lost my best friend,my woman,my better half,my
helper,my unrequited love, my only chance of having a real wife who'd love,trust,and respect me
unconditionally.
From that point forward,I 've seldom worked on or near a stage,nor done any serious production
work,my heart isn't there anymore.So now I only care to pursue A+ engineering.
Please wait up for me sweetheart,I'll catch up with you at the backstage door in Heaven!

Terrible day!
Who's Laughing Now?

xtoplatx

Post by xtoplatx » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:35 pm

I was taking a bath.