9/11 what were you doing?

No fixed topic general chat.
aphidlip
9/11 what were you doing?

Post by aphidlip » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:33 pm

Ahhh it’s that time of year again where we sit around the living room with the fam and reminisce the death of thousands of innocent men and women. Where were you?

I was driving in to work and my wife called with news of the first plane. As I was talking with her the second plane hit. My boss brought in a small TV to watch everything unfold. I remember saying how the second tower would fall. I figured the first one would burn out of control.
Later on I had a meeting to go to. You don’t realize airplane traffic until it isn’t there. No sound no “chemtrails” I also remember the lines at the gas stations. Some gas stations.... Some had raised their price by double or more, the ones that didn’t had the lines. Weird day
"...... .... ....... .. ....." Helen Adams Keller

I belong to the logic & reason party... it’s a lonely party

Ian4
Re: 9/11 what were you doing?

Post by Ian4 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:20 pm

I was in bed as i was working night shifts at the time, mrs woke me up we thought it was an accident until the second plane hit.
Always liked New York culture and history especially the mafia and street gang stuff, I'd call Mayor Giuliania tosser too for what he did the place looks like every other boring city in the west these days. At least the second series of The Deuce starts tonight, Time Square as it should be.

Hayden

Post by Hayden » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:04 pm

I was supposed to be going down to a music shop with a friend of mine. I walked into the living room at my mother in law's place and she told me a plane had flown into a building in America, as I sat down to watch the second plane went in. I called my friend and canceled our day out, I remember saying to him "this will change the world".
It's not that I don't care it's just that...what was I talking about again?

kasheku

Post by kasheku » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:03 pm

was stationed at fort bragg. was in the day room after breakfast. i knew right then what was coming down.

bran

Post by bran » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:49 pm

I was on a "Great crested newt" handling licence course..at a heritage/nature site where three artificial hills met..made by Saxon tribes..they would meet and discuss stuff there without violence..amazing place,amazing day..got back in the building at the end of the course and people were watching it on the telly..saw the second plane hit and as H said..i looked around and said to me boss.."The world is going to change"..Also..and i admit i thought it quite fast..no more IRA..Drove back home and watched every news channel. I was very right about the change..and the IRA mostly packed in not much later..mainly through lack of US funding. Very sad day for the world and the US in particular.RIP.
I blame Hayden for everything..and Cherry..but Graeme is just a poor innocent pawn in their evil plans. :o :shock: :x :D

BurntBulb

Post by BurntBulb » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:47 pm

Mom called me long distance to tell me about the 1st plane.Turned on the TV and barely moved from the chair for the rest of the day. Put a message on our web site telling everybody to go home, no work today - better safe than sorry. Had to handle a bunch of calls to and from our employees, clients and vendors, not to mention family and friends. My most common comment: who ever did this better dig a deep dark hole and pull it in after themselves.
Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Bobstu

Post by Bobstu » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:08 pm

I remember that day well. When i got home from work oblivious to what happened, i turned on the TV and saw the planes and the buildings going down.i sat down,smoked a shit load of hash and watched the news all night thinking this is going to be big fucking war. So crazy watching that. That's one day i will never forget.

Moefugger

Post by Moefugger » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:25 am

In the top Of a tall Blue Cross Blue Shield building getting parts for a repair.
I came down to the top floor and saw people walking like zombies.
Someone told us everyone is to go to the cafeteria.
We did not work for BCBS but went anyways and saw the big screens and the replays of what happened.
When the second aircraft crashed I knew it was intentional.
Called the recruiter to see if I should go in as I had just left the military.
He said we would be notified if needed, many others were calling in also saying the same thing.
I would have went back in that second.