Forum life, high hopes

No fixed topic general chat.
User avatar
aphidlip
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 2:01 am
Reputation: 3
Forum life, high hopes

Post by aphidlip » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:55 pm

I had always lurked the old forums. Even many times trying to contribute to only get a message about waiting for approval. I had off LL relationships with some at the old forums, mainly Aquina, Lazerjobs, Vile and 3rdeye (not sure if all those names translate to their LL forum accounts)
I came from a forum background before I found Liveleak. I like the more community feel of forums. At first the LL main site community didn't seem much different. When you dig deep thought there are glaring differences. But the forums had what seemed like more mutual respect or more importantly a self policing that seems frowned upon or at least not as accepted in a forum from my experience. Not that I'm complaining about the main LL site. It is what it is and who am I to change it or wish it to be something that it is not.
I have been frequenting this forum daily since I joined. In the last week traffic has skyrocketed. Funny as hell because there has only been a handful of new posts and a couple new accounts. I know to most this is a bummer because it means an end to what you had. To me or some that could never participate it seems cool.

I feel like I started this with a point and I have no fucking clue now what that point was/is. I guess I hope this place turns into something worth checking out everyday.

Cheers
"...... .... ....... .. ....." Helen Adams Keller

I belong to the logic & reason party... it’s a lonely party

User avatar
kasheku
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:26 pm
Reputation: 15
Location: On The Warmer Side of Earth
Re: Forum life, high hopes

Post by kasheku » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:58 pm

aphidlip wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:55 pm
I had always lurked the old forums. Even many times trying to contribute to only get a message about waiting for approval. I had off LL relationships with some at the old forums, mainly Aquina, Lazerjobs, Vile and 3rdeye (not sure if all those names translate to their LL forum accounts)
I came from a forum background before I found Liveleak. I like the more community feel of forums. At first the LL main site community didn't seem much different. When you dig deep thought there are glaring differences. But the forums had what seemed like more mutual respect or more importantly a self policing that seems frowned upon or at least not as accepted in a forum from my experience. Not that I'm complaining about the main LL site. It is what it is and who am I to change it or wish it to be something that it is not.
I have been frequenting this forum daily since I joined. In the last week traffic has skyrocketed. Funny as hell because there has only been a handful of new posts and a couple new accounts. I know to most this is a bummer because it means an end to what you had. To me or some that could never participate it seems cool.

I feel like I started this with a point and I have no fucking clue now what that point was/is. I guess I hope this place turns into something worth checking out everyday.

Cheers
HEY BUDDY!

most of us coming from LL are what you would call sophisticated assholes. we had a pretty good circle of posters over there. we also fought, laughed, and cried with each other on a regular basis, but thats what a family does.

heres to hoping this is just an extension of that with the added bonus of making that family bigger.


and you got your point across, and it was spot on.

cheers

User avatar
aphidlip
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 2:01 am
Reputation: 3
Re: Forum life, high hopes

Post by aphidlip » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:55 am

Every time I hear sophisticated I think of this



Cheers bud
"...... .... ....... .. ....." Helen Adams Keller

I belong to the logic & reason party... it’s a lonely party

User avatar
bran
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:00 am
Reputation: 27
Re: Forum life, high hopes

Post by bran » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:34 pm

aphidlip wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:55 pm
I had always lurked the old forums. Even many times trying to contribute to only get a message about waiting for approval. I had off LL relationships with some at the old forums, mainly Aquina, Lazerjobs, Vile and 3rdeye (not sure if all those names translate to their LL forum accounts)
I came from a forum background before I found Liveleak. I like the more community feel of forums. At first the LL main site community didn't seem much different. When you dig deep thought there are glaring differences. But the forums had what seemed like more mutual respect or more importantly a self policing that seems frowned upon or at least not as accepted in a forum from my experience. Not that I'm complaining about the main LL site. It is what it is and who am I to change it or wish it to be something that it is not.
I have been frequenting this forum daily since I joined. In the last week traffic has skyrocketed. Funny as hell because there has only been a handful of new posts and a couple new accounts. I know to most this is a bummer because it means an end to what you had. To me or some that could never participate it seems cool.

I feel like I started this with a point and I have no fucking clue now what that point was/is. I guess I hope this place turns into something worth checking out everyday.

Cheers
Yes Sir, i hope so too.
I blame Hayden for everything..and Cherry..but Graeme is just a poor innocent pawn in their evil plans. :o :shock: :x :D

User avatar
BurntBulb
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:18 pm
Reputation: 16
Re: Forum life, high hopes

Post by BurntBulb » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:42 pm

Aphid......Aquina is here, hasn't been around lately, but that's for personal reasons not connected with LL or TW,
Lazer is here.....somewhere.
I haven't seen vile here, but after the hack he didn't come to LL forums much.
3rd I'd like to see here, but IIRC he said he'd have to think about it and do it after he did some things.

Years ago I started on the net with AOL's old text forum, didn't even have GIF's back then:!:
I'm like u I prefer a forum structure, and a smaller forum than many of these huge sites that are around.
Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

User avatar
topple215
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:01 pm
Reputation: 0
Re: Forum life, high hopes

Post by topple215 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:51 pm

I agree with Aphilip,,,,,
For years I've been looking for a way back in. When I had access before the hack I never visit. I deleted my account and started a new one and lost any chance of getting in. I liked commenting on videos but trolls became so unbearable so I looked at the Blog section which was nice for a bit before it went to shit. So this opened up and was kinda happy but there was no traffic. It's nice seeing this place take off. It sucks that most of you lost all your old threads and I hope you can get most of the old playas back,,,,,,, cheers

User avatar
aphidlip
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 2:01 am
Reputation: 3
Re: Forum life, high hopes

Post by aphidlip » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:34 am

BurntBulb wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:42 pm
Aphid......Aquina is here, hasn't been around lately, but that's for personal reasons not connected with LL or TW,
Lazer is here.....somewhere.
I haven't seen vile here, but after the hack he didn't come to LL forums much.
3rd I'd like to see here, but IIRC he said he'd have to think about it and do it after he did some things.

Years ago I started on the net with AOL's old text forum, didn't even have GIF's back then:!:
I'm like u I prefer a forum structure, and a smaller forum than many of these huge sites that are around.
Yeah I saw Aquina was here. Even though there ain’t much we agree on... I learn something new every time I talk to her. And that’s pretty cool in my book
I haven’t seen Lazer since Trump got elected, so we got plenty to catch up on... so I sure hope he finds his way.
I still run in to Vile and 3rdeye on occasion so I will remind them again.
"...... .... ....... .. ....." Helen Adams Keller

I belong to the logic & reason party... it’s a lonely party

User avatar
bran
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:00 am
Reputation: 27
Re: Forum life, high hopes

Post by bran » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:50 am

See how cool the forum is compared to mainsites?..Not having to agree with someone but learning from them anyway..bastard cool..its what it all started out like on the other site..Nice. :)

The rabid bipartisanship of modern politics ruins any discussion most places, which is sad.
I blame Hayden for everything..and Cherry..but Graeme is just a poor innocent pawn in their evil plans. :o :shock: :x :D

User avatar
aphidlip
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 2:01 am
Reputation: 3
Re: Forum life, high hopes

Post by aphidlip » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:56 am

bran wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:50 am
See how cool the forum is compared to mainsites?..Not having to agree with someone but learning from them anyway..bastard cool..its what it all started out like on the other site..Nice. :)

The rabid bipartisanship of modern politics ruins any discussion most places, which is sad.
It gets you nowhere. I was called a bigot before Trump. Now apparently I’m a libtard because I don’t think he’s our savior.
Punch those that disagree with you. Never reason with them or find common ground. Well... that’s difficult for a more centrist independent. I’d much rather know why you feel like you feel rather than shut you up.
I don’t just blame Trump or the main site. It’s a global problem just exaggerated by the before mentioned. From Brexit to immigrants to gender identifications... a perfect recipe for those getting felt left out to hate those pushing too hard. People throw away the general understanding of consequences and root for the now and quick fixes. When you only care for those that agree with you... you just inspire those that disagree with you
"...... .... ....... .. ....." Helen Adams Keller

I belong to the logic & reason party... it’s a lonely party

User avatar
bran
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:00 am
Reputation: 27
Re: Forum life, high hopes

Post by bran » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:13 pm

aphidlip wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:56 am
bran wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:50 am
See how cool the forum is compared to mainsites?..Not having to agree with someone but learning from them anyway..bastard cool..its what it all started out like on the other site..Nice. :)

The rabid bipartisanship of modern politics ruins any discussion most places, which is sad.
It gets you nowhere. I was called a bigot before Trump. Now apparently I’m a libtard because I don’t think he’s our savior.
Punch those that disagree with you. Never reason with them or find common ground. Well... that’s difficult for a more centrist independent. I’d much rather know why you feel like you feel rather than shut you up.
I don’t just blame Trump or the main site. It’s a global problem just exaggerated by the before mentioned. From Brexit to immigrants to gender identifications... a perfect recipe for those getting felt left out to hate those pushing too hard. People throw away the general understanding of consequences and root for the now and quick fixes. When you only care for those that agree with you... you just inspire those that disagree with you
Here i would be called "Far right" for my views on immigration law and order.and Brexit..but i also believe in social care and medicine..and people having free expression..everything anyone does that physically hurts someone has been a crime forever..all these new laws for "Hate and thought" crimes make me slightly nervous,plus i hate the fast media we have today..internet..if i was the inventor..right now..i wouldnt let anyone have it..its not helping most people,same as mobile phones/laptops/tablets ad infinitum..people dont think for themselves anymore..and hardly any young person can argue with facts. Sad world. Probably we need a cull..i think thats the biggest problem, far too many humans for the resources left.
I am glad in a way i am old and knackered..i wont have to see the results of all this madness..hopefully.


Anyway..we have a lovely new forum..i shall try my best here to not be such a knob..but since i am one..and a bit of a cunt..it may be quite difficult. :)
I blame Hayden for everything..and Cherry..but Graeme is just a poor innocent pawn in their evil plans. :o :shock: :x :D


Post Reply