BurntBulb
Re: What the fuck are you cooking now

Post by BurntBulb » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:12 pm

dan123 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:28 pm
Are the dried peppers, ghost peppers?

Shit the fucking bed.
Probably will too, and light his ass and bed on fire! :lol:

Doing full width pork ribs this afternoon. Not a cut down slab where they take off the tips.
Gonna separate the ribs, will cook faster and take up more flavor from the soak.
Probably will be the last for the season, since the temp is starting to change, running into an early winter.
Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

dan123

Post by dan123 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:15 pm

Chomping on some of BBs basic mix of jerky. That fella hurts my soul.

Moefugger

Post by Moefugger » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:52 pm

Those are jalapenos.
There is one ghost pepper and a few jalapenos.

Moefugger

Post by Moefugger » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:56 pm

Stew.jpg
Today is regular stew
Stew.jpg (218.02 KiB) Viewed 117 times
Regular old stew.
There is a ghost pepper and onions in there.
A bit of whole wheat flour to thicken it up.
Corn bread muffins.

BurntBulb

Post by BurntBulb » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:54 pm

This last week or so have been making my winter supply of soups and stews.
Thick pork and veggie stew, veggie and beef soup, and chicken noodle soup.
Have used up almost all my freezer container! Pretty basic recipes, nothing fancy.
A pork shoulder with 2 large cans of large cut veggies, 2 large cut onions, mushrooms. brown the shoulder all over in a large dutch oven, add veggies and veggie stock or bouillon , enough water to cover the meat, spices added in the last hour. Cover and bake at 350 till the meat falls apart, topping off water as needed. When done take out the pork and tear it apart, removing any fat not wanted.
Moe - I use corn starch to thicken the stew. I find it works better then flour.
For the beef soup, pretty much the same as the pork, except beef stock or bouillon, different spices, no corn starch, and this time I used a bunch of sliced sirloin I found on sale and cubed it up instead of a roast of some kind. Oh, and keep adding water 'cause it's a soup not a stew.
The chicken noodle soup is much different, 'cause I keep it simple stupid. 4 large chicken breasts browned and cubed, fine cut carrots, celery, small baby peas, and one onion, medium width egg noodles, chicken stock or bouillon, and not much of soft spices.Bring to a boil on the stove, then simmer for a hour or so.

Next up is the winter/Christmas jerky run. already stocking up on the round roasts.
Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

dan123

Post by dan123 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:24 pm

BurntBulb wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:54 pm
This last week or so have been making my winter supply of soups and stews.
Thick pork and veggie stew, veggie and beef soup, and chicken noodle soup.
Have used up almost all my freezer container! Pretty basic recipes, nothing fancy.
A pork shoulder with 2 large cans of large cut veggies, 2 large cut onions, mushrooms. brown the shoulder all over in a large dutch oven, add veggies and veggie stock or bouillon , enough water to cover the meat, spices added in the last hour. Cover and bake at 350 till the meat falls apart, topping off water as needed. When done take out the pork and tear it apart, removing any fat not wanted.
Moe - I use corn starch to thicken the stew. I find it works better then flour.
For the beef soup, pretty much the same as the pork, except beef stock or bouillon, different spices, no corn starch, and this time I used a bunch of sliced sirloin I found on sale and cubed it up instead of a roast of some kind. Oh, and keep adding water 'cause it's a soup not a stew.
The chicken noodle soup is much different, 'cause I keep it simple stupid. 4 large chicken breasts browned and cubed, fine cut carrots, celery, small baby peas, and one onion, medium width egg noodles, chicken stock or bouillon, and not much of soft spices.Bring to a boil on the stove, then simmer for a hour or so.

Next up is the winter/Christmas jerky run. already stocking up on the round roasts.
I’ll be doing that shortly. Otherwise I’ll sit here and just eat shite because there’s only me to cook for.

Just a quick note, chicken breast is pretty tasteless to me. Have you tried thighs? Velvet them Chinese style, egg white, a very fine binder (cornstarch or similar) and rice wine for half an hour. Bloomin’ lovely and easy to chop smaller once cooked, for a soup.

Edit. Thighs are much cheaper than breast over here too. Wrong way round if you ask me, but I love it.

dan123

Post by dan123 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:09 pm

As I am newly single and have this weekend to myself, I’m thinking of steak. I might get a large chunk of prime rib and sous vide the hell out of it Saturday. I’m thinking 1.5” thick, proper chips, I can get wild mushrooms on my morning dog walk and ...... blue cheese sauce I think.

That’ll fkn teach her! :lol: