Hi Hayden, Any Particular Reason?

No fixed topic general chat.
User avatar
noxomus
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:12 pm
Reputation: 5
Hi Hayden, Any Particular Reason?

Post by noxomus » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:56 am

Hi Hayden, Any Particular Reason why you didn't tell us that you or whoever was discontinuing the Forums at Live Leak? I think that was an effed up move considering that many people were part of that community for over 10 years and it was shut down like that without any warning . . . .

User avatar
Sea3
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 3:07 am
Reputation: 6
Re: Hi Hayden, Any Particular Reason?

Post by Sea3 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:03 am

I am totally agree with you Nox....

User avatar
DanielDefense
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:07 am
Reputation: 5
Re: Hi Hayden, Any Particular Reason?

Post by DanielDefense » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:10 am

I agree with Nox

User avatar
slacker
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:42 pm
Reputation: 3
Re: Hi Hayden, Any Particular Reason?

Post by slacker » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:26 pm

I personally didn’t expect a heads up tbh, bc I remember when Ogrish.com suddenly directed to liveleak.com one day, without warning, so...take what you will from that.

I don’t have an answer to your question as to why, only Hayden knows that, but I’m wondering if maybe, pre-hack, he’d paid for the forums to be up for a certain amount of time and after the hack, he decided it was too expensive to fix and not worth it and so he just didn’t even bother to keep track of when the url/forum was set to expire since he’d already decided he wasn’t gonna pay for another round. In other words, maybe it wasn’t even on his mind.

Or maybe he did know and didn’t want people to argue with him about it or ask why he didn’t just fix the forums, since he’d already decided a long time ago that it’s not worth it. Who knows.

User avatar
noxomus
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:12 pm
Reputation: 5
Re: Hi Hayden, Any Particular Reason?

Post by noxomus » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:54 pm

over the years, many members developed bonds with each other. We've traded xmas gifts, we've had meetups, we hung out with each other late at night bullshitting on chat, we had drama, fights, bannings, etc etc etc.... it was awesome.

i understand that it wasn't making money but considering all the people who invested their time on the site, why would we be treated like that? Like it was all for nothing?

User avatar
topple215
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:01 pm
Reputation: 0
Re: Hi Hayden, Any Particular Reason?

Post by topple215 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:40 pm

noxomus wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:54 pm
over the years, many members developed bonds with each other. We've traded xmas gifts, we've had meetups, we hung out with each other late at night bullshitting on chat, we had drama, fights, bannings, etc etc etc.... it was awesome.

i understand that it wasn't making money but considering all the people who invested their time on the site, why would we be treated like that? Like it was all for nothing?
I understand the relationship you guys had there. I was trying to access that forum for 5 years. How about you guys make your new home here or did you like the fact that you guys had it the whole forum to yourselves?

User avatar
noxomus
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:12 pm
Reputation: 5
Re: Hi Hayden, Any Particular Reason?

Post by noxomus » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:39 am

topple215 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:40 pm
noxomus wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:54 pm
over the years, many members developed bonds with each other. We've traded xmas gifts, we've had meetups, we hung out with each other late at night bullshitting on chat, we had drama, fights, bannings, etc etc etc.... it was awesome.

i understand that it wasn't making money but considering all the people who invested their time on the site, why would we be treated like that? Like it was all for nothing?
I understand the relationship you guys had there. I was trying to access that forum for 5 years. How about you guys make your new home here or did you like the fact that you guys had it the whole forum to yourselves?
no, we wanted others to join and partake in our discussions. Just wondering why Hayden left us like that . ..

User avatar
Sea3
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 3:07 am
Reputation: 6
Re: Hi Hayden, Any Particular Reason?

Post by Sea3 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:58 am

topple215 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:40 pm
noxomus wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:54 pm
over the years, many members developed bonds with each other. We've traded xmas gifts, we've had meetups, we hung out with each other late at night bullshitting on chat, we had drama, fights, bannings, etc etc etc.... it was awesome.

i understand that it wasn't making money but considering all the people who invested their time on the site, why would we be treated like that? Like it was all for nothing?
I understand the relationship you guys had there. I was trying to access that forum for 5 years. How about you guys make your new home here or did you like the fact that you guys had it the whole forum to yourselves?
why you say so many times "guys"? still, you guys, didnt gave an answer to Nox yet...

User avatar
BurntBulb
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:18 pm
Reputation: 16
Re: Hi Hayden, Any Particular Reason?

Post by BurntBulb » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:01 am

H did warn us, just didn't say when. Not unexpected, just a little surprised when it did get deleted without a heads up.
Going against my better judgement, I joined several other sites.
FB let me de-archive my old account, that I archived before they went public.
Had to rebuild it of course, but even got to use my burntbulb name! Couldn't believe it!
I blame PaPa for rejoining, since he told me there's a LL group on FB.
Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

User avatar
dan123
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:00 am
Reputation: 10
Re: Hi Hayden, Any Particular Reason?

Post by dan123 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:38 am

Nox, we did know it was going to happen. Am I happy about it? No. However the inability to change is a sign of age, so go put your slippers on. :lol:

Seriously though, you can’t expect others to pay so we can have a chinwag. I agree that a countdown would have been nice, I’m a bit concerned that I’ll lose touch with Eng and Smudge amongst others, but they are away, and/or have been for a little while due to circumstance.


Post Reply