Hopes for TW Forums.

Everything TW including forum rules.
Hayden
Hopes for TW Forums.

Post by Hayden » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:47 pm

It's always a bit nervewracking opening a forum, particularly these days. With social media being so popular they can often remain as desolate wastegrounds. I'm hoping this isn't the case for our little corner of the Internet as I'm sure you can imagine. I've long been a proponent of keeping communities independent so it would be odd if I didn't put my money where my mouth is so to speak. That being said, here are my promises to you where the forums are concerned.

You will NEVER be censored for your opinion.

The rules are up in this section and they should be pretty easy to follow, there aren't exactly a lot of them. Nothing in them prevents you voicing any opinion and providing you're not being a collosal arsehole about it you'll be left to voice them to your heart's content. No subject is forbidden, no religion / group / whatever are sacrosanct. We even have areas of the forums where the rules are barely existant, you should probably try to join the usergroup to gain access to them if you need a little more.

Mods will be members.

As and when the time comes that we require moderators they will be chosen from the community. There won't be anonymous mods or secret admins (The TWAdmin account isn't included in this, it's mostly a technical account anyway) and everything will be out in the open. Yes, there will be private areas for the mods where they can call you names but any decision on your account will be quite clear. Any mod on a power trip will find themselves bank among the ranks in no time, any serious dicking about and they'll be gone. And you'll see it all.

This isn't a democracy, but...

Something like this could never work as an absolute democracy. I could end up bankrolling someone else's pipe dream in that scenario and frankly that idea doesn't appeal. We will turn to the community whenever possible when we make community related decisions though. This doesn't mean arbitrary decisions won't be made when required but we really do want you guys to shape the platform we're providing.

I think that about covers it for now. I hope you pass the word around and help make this old school forum a place to be, where you aren't constantly monitored for political correctness, where you aren't an advertising asset, where you're genuinely a part of the place.

See you out on the boards.

H
It's not that I don't care it's just that...what was I talking about again?