streaming of serious, violent crimes

Seen something in the news we'd like? Share it!
Moefugger
streaming of serious, violent crimes

Post by Moefugger » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:16 am

Remember Biggles.

Australia is looking to rush through a set of new offenses that would see fines of up to 10 percent of a platform's global revenue, or see up to 3 years jail time, for the streaming of serious, violent crimes.
The proposed laws would cover "the playing or streaming of terrorism, murder, attempted murder, torture, rape and kidnapping on social media".
Social media platforms would also be required to notify the Australian Federal Police if they become aware that their site has been used to stream violent crimes. Should a notification fail to happen, fines of up to AU$840,000 for companies, and AU$168,000 for individuals, may be levied.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/australia ... streaming/

philomath
Re: streaming of serious, violent crimes

Post by philomath » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:56 am

Humm, it is impossible to know everything posted on the net in real time. A certain percentage will always slip through, even with, anyone's best efforts possible. No matter what some politicians in a knee jerk reaction think, a portion will always get through.

If they are wanting to be hardliners and not understand this, put them back into the 80's. Cut it off in their jurisdictions, completely. The companies are going to have because they are openly telling everyone they are going to try to get others on board. Let their citizens have their say, when they lose their "MTV" so to speak.

I am in no way saying that some of it needs not to be intervened on. All I am saying is the solution needs to at the very least, be dooable.
Last edited by philomath on Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

~And The Beat Goes On~

Just_a_Citizen

Post by Just_a_Citizen » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:21 am

philomath wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:56 am
Humm, it is impossible to know everything posted on the net in real time. A certain percentage will always slip through, even with, anyone's best efforts possible. No matter what some politicians in a knee jerk reaction think, a portion will always get through.

If they are wanting to be hardliners and not understand this, put them back into the 80's. Cut it off in their jurisdictions, completely. The companies are going to have cause they are openly telling everyone they are going to try to get others on board. Let their citizens have their say, when they lose their "MTV" so to speak.

I am in no way saying that some of it needs not to be intervened on. All I am saying is the solution needs to at the very least, dooable.
And Fronted by the industry instead of politicians.

Otherwise we'll end up with another net neutrality situation.
I Hit More Trees Than a Blind Tarzan

BurntBulb

Post by BurntBulb » Mon May 06, 2019 9:19 am

Typical bureaucrats and politicians, trying to control what we think hear say and see.

Let's turn the tables on them, where they have to live stream everything they say and do 24/7.

That'll reign their elitist ass's in real quick!
Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.