Zuckerborg's Testimony To Congress As A Human

Discuss politics and society
Aquina1300
Zuckerborg's Testimony To Congress As A Human

Post by Aquina1300 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:41 pm

Zuckerborg will have his team of cyborgs follow up on that:

Zuckerborg explains to Senator Ted Cruz that positive connections blip bleep bing beep beep

If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
― George Washington

BurntBulb
Re: Zuckerborg's Testimony To Congress As A Human

Post by BurntBulb » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:33 pm

'Bout the only thing important that came out in his testimony was this...

http://www.businessinsider.com/mark-zuc ... ess-2018-4

everything else was well scripted, like his notes...

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/04/11/ ... d-him.html

I don't recall, because I didn't watch it that carefully, did anybody ask him about this????....

http://www.businessinsider.com/facebook ... ges-2018-4
Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

philomath

Post by philomath » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:25 am

He came, took their shots, and recovered Billions for his company that they were losing in da market. He and his (at times) well scripted responses have likely blunted ANY future meaningful regulation that would hinder his company's multi billion dollar monopoly. Basically. Nuttin is gonna happen, and when this calms down. It will be business as usual, back to selling any personal data from anyone that they can get their hands on.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

~And The Beat Goes On~

BurntBulb

Post by BurntBulb » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:07 pm

philomath wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:25 am
He came, took their shots, and recovered Billions for his company that they were losing in da market. He and his (at times) well scripted responses have likely blunted ANY future meaningful regulation that would hinder his company's multi billion dollar monopoly. Basically. Nuttin is gonna happen, and when this calms down. It will be business as usual, back to selling any personal data from anyone that they can get their hands on.
Few weeks ago saw a report saying FB will use their European censorship model here in the US.
Can't find the article now......Have you heard anything about this philo?

philomath

Post by philomath » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:23 am

BurntBulb wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:07 pm
philomath wrote:
Few weeks ago saw a report saying FB will use their European censorship model here in the US.
Yes, I have heard talk of it. I would think they will have to "shuffle the deck" a bit, so to speak in the short term. Even if it was for no other reason than to look like they are doing something. I also heard someone directly ask Mark that question, and he deflected and avoided any meaningful answer. So.. Who really knows. I honestly think, how much pressure to change sheot from the folks whos data they sale will dictate whether they do too much of not. I have a sneaky suspicion that in a year or so this will all seem like a distant memory to anyone that could matter.

At that point. There will be little incentive to do much of anything different in their business model.

But hell. I could be wrong.

Waves.
Philo..
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

~And The Beat Goes On~

BurntBulb

Post by BurntBulb » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:43 am

philomath wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:23 am
BurntBulb wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:07 pm
philomath wrote:
Yes, I have heard talk of it. I would think they will have to "shuffle the deck" a bit, so to speak in the short term. Even if it was for no other reason than to look like they are doing something. I also heard someone directly ask Mark that question, and he deflected and avoided any meaningful answer. So.. Who really knows. I honestly think, how much pressure to change sheot from the folks whos data they sale will dictate whether they do too much of not. I have a sneaky suspicion that in a year or so this will all seem like a distant memory to anyone that could matter.

At that point. There will be little incentive to do much of anything different in their business model.

But hell. I could be wrong.

Waves.
Philo..
Philo, with this type stuff your usually spot on. That's why I ask you first.
(OMG, did I just say spot on! I've been hanging around these Brits too much! :roll: )

Found this article earlier today...

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... rivacy-law

Seems FB is moving European users from the servers based in Ireland to ones based in California, so they don't have to comply with the news regs when they come into effect. 1.5 billion users! So they can skirt the law.
Pretty sneaky if you ask me.