If You Outlaw Knives...

Discuss politics and society
peekay
Re: If You Outlaw Knives...

Post by peekay » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:22 pm

Aquina1300 wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:12 am
Ya just never know what you're going to find on a weapons sweep.......

No, you never do......especially if that weapons sweep has been done at 2am on a Friday night and they've been removed from teenage boys. Believe it or not there isn't actually any reason to carry a pliers around with you unless you're going to actually use them for a specific job. Here's how that interaction would have went;

Officer: Tell me drunken teenage boy(TB) at 2am, why do you have pliers and a screwdriver* in your pocket? Are you an electrician on your way to a job?
TB: No
Officer: Are you maybe some form of mechanic?
TB: No
Officer: Well, you don't really have a good reason to be carrying them so i'll assume you intend on carrying out some form of criminality.

And do you know why they can reasonably make that assumption?........because no normal person takes pliers and a screwdriver with them when they go for a night out. It's called 'common sense policing'.

*Tbh I would suspect they've been charged with 'going equipped' as opposed to 'possesion of an offensive weapon'.

DanielDefense

Post by DanielDefense » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:49 am

peekay wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:58 pm
DanielDefense wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:00 am
London Mayor Sadiq Khan targets knives as murder rate spikes: 'There is never a reason to carry a knife'

^^^What the hell is wrong with these people, it's like they love being victims...like criminals are going to magically start obeying the law
Are you really that fucking stupid? He's talking about the "I carry one for defence" kids, not the chef going home from work. You really are the low cognative functioning voter that Trump loves. At least Miss Smurftastic knows what she's doing when she's trolling, you just lap it up with a soup spoon.
You're in your feelings today PK...why do u Euro's care if someone votes against a dishonest Clinton? Are you having a meltdown over the Supreme Court Judge Kavanaugh getting on the court?

I was responding to a quote from the muslim mayor where he said "There is NEVER a reason to carry a knife" even if you don't carry one for work, they shouldn't infringe on your right for self protection from criminals...but you're to stupid to see that.

Moefugger

Post by Moefugger » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:25 am

That is why I carry a rubber chicken in my work truck.
The base guards allow rubber chickens.
Most people do not know it but those things can be deadly if used correctly.